What a beautiful weekend! I can’t believe that this the last week that I will be teaching these kiddos! The year really has been great and I will be so sad, but proud, to see this group of kids grow-up and move on.
I just want to take the time to thank all of you for the great year! I really appreciate all the things you have done to help me out, such as, the donations, gifts, parties, volunteer time, the hours spent at home helping with homework, checking power school and tracking down missing work, and most of all raising the most AMAZING children ever!!!! I have truly loved every moment of this year and will never forget these kids! I couldn’t have asked for a better year! God has really blessed me!
The Week Ahead:
Writing: The kids are working to get all of the pages finished for their portfolios. This week we will be working on their proud page, reading page, April/May book report page, time capsule page, and the back cover. We have a lot of work to do! But we will get it finished.
Math: We just tested on chapter 11 on Friday. We will do two math lessons from chapter 12 on Monday and Tuesday.
Social Studies: The kids have been working hard on learning about the preamble. The kids will have a short quiz on Tuesday. It will be a Cloze type test where they will fill in the missing words in the preamble.
Reading: We will continue to read our last classroom novel, Esio Trot.
· Please send in your child's Family Life text that was sent home.
· Wednesday- Relay for Life Breakfast and Talent Show
· Wednesday at 9AM is Field Day. Feel free to come spend the day with us if you would like. PLEASE make sure that your child has sunscreen and a water bottle for the day. Also, the school newsletter has details of what your family is to bring for Field Day, according to the first letter of your last name.
· Thursday is the last day of school! Noon Dismissal- No extended care
· Thursday- Yearbook Signing and Mass
· Thursday- Report cards go home.
· I will write one more blog entry about educational summer suggestions.
Table Talk Questions:
1. What has been your FAVORITE memory from 5th grade?
2. What is your child looking forward to in middle school? What are they nervous about in middle school?
Have a wonderful SUNNY week and an amazing summer!
Love, Ms. Alley J